Am I eligible for a government-subsidised training place?
Generally, you are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age
- seeking to enrol in a Foundation Skills List course (and do not hold a Diploma or above qualification or are receiving core skills training in other sectors)
- seeking to enrol in VCE or VCAL
- seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship
- 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification.
If you are enrolled at a school, you will not be able to receive a government-subsidised training place for a course through the Skills First Program, unless you are undertaking the course as part of a School-Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship. The Government supports schools in other ways to offer vocational training to their students, so you should discuss all your options with your school.
How many courses am I eligible for?
- receive an NCVER survey
- receive an invitation to participate in a Department endorsed project
- receive an invitation to participate in the Department’s annual student outcome survey
- be contacted by the Department for audit, review or investigation purposes
Evidence of eligibility
- Current Green Medicare Card
- Australian Birth certificate (not birth extract)
- Current Australian passport
- Current New Zealand passport
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Australian Certificate of Registration by descent
Proof of Concession
As part of enrolment and prior to commencement MediQuest must check a student’s entitlement for a fee concession. MediQuest must also sight and retain evidence of a student’s entitlement. Types of evidence that would be accepted current and valid:
- Health care card issued by the Commonwealth
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran’s Gold Card
Checking your eligibility
Visit the Victorian Skills Gateway for more information.
Due to individual circumstances at enrolment, student tuition fees are subject to change.
Information will be provided to students prior to enrolment in the statement of fees.
Business Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
MediQuest closes for 2 weeks
during the Christmas period
December 23rd 2021 to January 9th 2022
ABN: 63 070 808 687
RTO No: 5982